Michelle’s Favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip for the Big Game (1/2023)
- 2 cups chicken, diced, cooked
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing (or Ranch dressing)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine blue cheese dressing, sour cream, and cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine diced chicken, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder. Add half of the chicken mixture to cream cheese mixture along with celery, green onions, and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Spread mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Top with remaining buffalo chicken and remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Michelle’s Favorite Lace Cookies (12/2022)
- 1 cup butter salted
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour all purpose
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown butter until it turns brown in color and nutty in aroma. Remove from heat. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl or mixer, combine brown sugar, oats, egg and vanilla. Gradually add brown butter. Mix until combined.
- Stir in salt and flour.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet leaving ample room to spread. Bake 6 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about a minute before removing to a wire rack.
Tips to Make them Thin and Crispy
- Do not chill the dough. Mix and bake immediately.
- Do not use aluminum foil or grease your cookie sheet.
- Use a spatula to remove them from the sheet after they cool for 5 minutes and allow them to cool on a wire rack to continue to crisp.
- Room Temperature – Cool cookies before storing in a glass airtight container. Store with wax paper up to 2 weeks.
- Refrigerate – Cool cookies before storing in a glass airtight container. Store with wax paper up to 2 weeks. This method is great for keeping them crisp, especially in humid environments.